How to keep original categories when replying or forwarding email in Outlook?
When replying or forwarding emails in Outlook, the original categories won’t be kept. If you want to keep the original categories when replying or forwarding email in Outlook, how can you do? Method in this article can help you.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
You can change the windows registry to keep the original categories when replying or forwarding email in Outlook. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box. In the Run dialog box, enter Regedit in the Open textbox and then click the OK button.
2. In the popping up User Account Control dialog box, click the Yes button. See screenshot:
3. Then the Registry Editor window is opened. If you are using Outlook 2016, please open the References folder by path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Preferences.
For Outlook 2013: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Preferences
For Outlook 2010: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Preferences
For Outlook 2007: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Preferences
4. In the References folder, right click the blank space and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
5. Name the created value as SendPersonalCategories. Right click it and select Modify from the context menu. In the opening Edit DWORD Value dialog box, change the Value data to number 1, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
6. Restart your Outlook to make the setting take effect. From now on, the original category will be kept when replying or forwarding emails in Outlook.
- How to assign category to outgoing email in Outlook?
- How to move emails to specified folder after assigning certain category in Outlook?