How to keep original categories when replying or forwarding email in Outlook?
When replying or forwarding emails in Outlook, the original categories won’t be kept. If you want to keep the original categories when replying or forwarding email in Outlook, how can you do? Method in this article can help you.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can change the windows registry to keep the original categories when replying or forwarding email in Outlook. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box. In the Run dialog box, enter Regedit in the Open textbox and then click the OK button.
2. In the popping up User Account Control dialog box, click the Yes button. See screenshot:
3. Then the Registry Editor window is opened. If you are using Outlook 2016, please open the References folder by path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Preferences.
For Outlook 2013: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Preferences
For Outlook 2010: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Preferences
For Outlook 2007: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Preferences
4. In the References folder, right click the blank space and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
5. Name the created value as SendPersonalCategories. Right click it and select Modify from the context menu. In the opening Edit DWORD Value dialog box, change the Value data to number 1, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
6. Restart your Outlook to make the setting take effect. From now on, the original category will be kept when replying or forwarding emails in Outlook.
- How to assign category to outgoing email in Outlook?
- How to move emails to specified folder after assigning certain category in Outlook?