How to archive without .pst file in Outlook?
As you know, the archived Outlook messages are saved in a .pst file. Are there any ways to archive Outlook messages without the .pst file? This article will introduce several workarounds for you.
We can quickly save selected messages to hard discs as .msg files with dragging and dropping.
1. In your computer, open the folder you will archive Outlook messages into.
2. Enable Outlook, open the specified mail folder, and press Ctrl + A keys to select all messages in the folder.
3. Drag the selected emails from the mail folder to the opened hard disc.
Now all messages in the specified mail folder are archived as .msg files directly.
Note: This method won’t remove archived messages from the specified mail folder in Outlook.
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can also apply its Bulk Save feature to archive multiple messages as html/txt/pdf/csv files in Outlook.
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
1. Enable Outlook, open the specified mail folder, and select multiple messages you will archive.
2. Click Kutools > Bulk Save.
3. In the Save messages as other files dialog, please (1) click (the Browse button) to specify the destination folder you will save the archived messages into, (2) check the file formats you will archive as, and (3) click the Ok button. See screenshot:
4. A dialog box comes out and tells you how many emails are saved. Please close it directly.
Now you will see all selected messages are archived as your specified file formats in bulk, such as .html files, .txt files, .pdf files, etc. See screenshot:
You can also apply the Import/Export feature to archive all messages in a mail folder as a .csv file instead of .pst file in Outlook.
1. Click File > Open & Export (or Open) > Import/Export (or Import).
2. In the Import and Export Wizard, please click to highlight Export to a file, and click the Next button.
3. In the Export to a File dialog, please click to highlight Comma Separated Values, and click the Next button.
4. In the second Export to a File dialog, please select the specified mail folder you will archive, and click the Next button.
5. In the third Export to a File dialog, please click the Browse button to specify destination folder and archived file name, and click the Next button.
6. In the last Export to a File dialog, please check the Export “E-Mail messages” from folder: Inbox option, and click the Map Custom Fields button.
7. In the Map Custom Fields dialog, please drag the fields you will archive from the From box to the To box, and click the OK button.
8. Click the Finish button.
Now all messages in the specified mail folder are archived as a .csv file.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.