How to import styles from one document to another document in word?
If you have a set of carefully constructed styles in one document and you want to apply these same styles to other documents. Now you have to import styles from this document to another document. This tutorial will tell you how to import styles from one document to another document in word.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
Step 1: Open the document you want to import style to in Word then click File > Options> Custom Ribbon to add the Developer under the Main Tabs to ribbon. See screenshot:
Step 2. Click Document Template under Develop Tab, there will be a popup dialog, and click Organizer. See screenshot:
Step 3. There will be another popup dialog, click Close File in the right, and the check box will be replace with Open File. See screenshot:
Step 4. Click Open File, and select the file you want to import style from, then click Open.
You can search the file you want according to the format by clicking A, and also can enter the name of the file in File name box to quickly search it.
Step 5. After opening the file you want to import style from, you can select the style of the file in the right box and click Copy, it will copy the style to the left box. See screenshot:
1. Where the arrow point to will be the place import style. And these two files can copy the style from each other. (Press Ctrl+click or Shift + click to select multiple styles)
2. You also can delete or rename the style.
3. There will be a description under the left box when you select a style in the box.
Step 6. After the copy, click Close, the style importing is finished.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...