How to resize all / multiple images in Word?
When we copy or import images from Internet or other files, the size of the images may be various. Everyone knows how to resize pictures one by one, but if we want to resize them to the same size all at once, how can we do? This tutorial will show you several methods of resizing images.
1. To show the picture’s sizing handles by clicking on the picture;
2. Put the cursor on one of the picture’s sizing handles.
3. Drag the sizing handle until the picture size is suitable for your needs. See screenshot:
Note: With this method, you cannot resize multiple pictures all at once. You need to resize them one by one until all pictures are resized.
With the following VBA code, you can resize pictures to your ideal size. You can get it done as follow：
In this example, we resize the picture size to 1.78 inches height and 3.17 inches width.
1. Please select a picture you want to change the size;
2. Press Alt+F11 to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window;
3. Click Module from Insert tab, copy and paste the following VBA code into the Module window;
VBA code: Resize one image to specific size:
Sub ResizePics() Dim shp As Word.Shape Dim ishp As Word.InlineShape If Word.Selection.Type <> wdSelectionInlineShape And _ Word.Selection.Type <> wdSelectionShape Then Exit Sub End If If Word.Selection.Type = wdSelectionInlineShape Then Set ishp = Word.Selection.Range.InlineShapes(1) ishp.LockAspectRatio = False ishp.Height = InchesToPoints(1.78) ishp.Width = InchesToPoints(3.17) Else If Word.Selection.Type = wdSelectionShape Then Set shp = Word.Selection.ShapeRange(1) shp.LockAspectRatio = False shp.Height = InchesToPoints(1.78) shp.Width = InchesToPoints(3.17) End If End If End Sub
4. Click Run button or F5 key to run the VBA code, and the selected image has been resized to your need size.
Note: In the above code, In shp.Height = InchesToPoints(1.78 ) and shp.Width = InchesToPoints(3.17) are the height and width of the picture, you can change the size to meet your need.
With this VBA code, you also cannot resize all or multiple picture at once. You need to go back and forth between the Word document and the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window to select the picture and apply the code. That’s too time-consuming.
With Kutools for Word's Resize Images utility, you can get rid of those annoying and time-consuming operations, and quickly resize all images from your document.
|Kutools for Word : with more than 100 handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Please apply this utility by clicking Kutools Plus > Resize. See screenshot:
2. If you want to resize all images to a certain percentage of their original size, please select one of the six percentage from the drop-down list. For example, if you want to resize all the pictures to 50% of their original size, please select 50%. After clicking 25%, you will see all pictures have been sized to 50%. See screenshot:
If you want to adjust all images to the same size with a seleted one, please select a picture as the model size, and then click Kutools Plus > Resize > Resize Images with Selection, and all images will be resized the same size based on the seleted one, see screenshot:
For more detailed information about Kutools for Word’s Resize Images utility, please click here.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.