How to apply watermark to one or all pages in a Word document?
While using Microsoft Word, it’s common to add picture watermark or text watermark in documents for reminding readers that the document is draft, confidential, sample, etc. Here, this article will show you how to add watermark to all pages of a Word document, and add watermark to only one page of a Word document as well.
You can easily apply watermark to all pages in a Word Document by the Watermark feature easily. Please do as follows:
Click Design > Watermark, and then select a watermark from the drop down list. See screenshot:
(1) If you need to add picture watermark or custom text watermark, please click Design > Watermark > Custom Watermark, and then: (A) check Picture watermark option and specify the picture as you need, or (B) check Text watermark option and configure the specified text and its formatting style. See screenshot:
(2) To remove the watermark from all pages, please click Design > Watermark > Remove Watermark.
(3) If you are using Word 2010 or 2007, please click Page Layout > Watermark, and then select a watermark from drop down list.
For example I have a Word document with 7 pages, and want to apply watermark to the second page only. Here, I will describe the detailed steps to add watermark to the specified one page only.
1. Go to the beginning of the specified page (the 2nd page in my case) you will add watermark, and click Layout (or Page Layout in Word 2007/2010/2013) > Breaks > Next Page. See screenshot:
2. Go to the end of the specified page (the 2nd page in my case), and click Layout (or Page Layout in Word 2007/2010/2013) > Breaks > Next Page.
3. Double click the header of the 2nd page to show the header area. And now you will see the text of Same as Previous below header line. See screenshot:
4. Now the Header & Footer Tools are enabled. Please click Design (under Header & Footer Tools) > Link to Previous. See screenshot:
Now the text of Same as Previous is removed from the header of the 2nd page.
5. Put cursor at the header of the 3rd page, and click Design (under Header & Footer Tools) > Link to Previous to remove the text of Same as Previous in the 3rd page.
6. Place cursor at header of the 2nd page, click Design (or Page Layout in Word 2007/2010) > Watermark, and then select a watermark from the Watermark drop down list.
Now the watermark is added on the 2nd page only of current Word document. See screenshot:
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...