How to save each page as separate pdf files in a Word document?
While using Microsoft Word document, you can save each page as separate pdf files one by one with its build-in Save As function. However, if there are hundreds of pages need to be split and saved as individual pdf files, how can you do? This article provides method for you to quickly solve this problem.
The below VBA code helps you to quickly save each page in a document as individual pdf files at the same time. Please do as follows.
1. Open the document you will save each page or specific pages as pdf files, then press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module, copy below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: Save each page as separate pdf files at the same time in a Word document
Sub SaveAsSeparatePDFs() 'Updated by Extendoffice 20180906 Dim I As Long Dim xStr As String Dim xPathStr As Variant Dim xDictoryStr As String Dim xFileDlg As FileDialog Dim xStartPage, xEndPage As Long Dim xStartPageStr, xEndPageStr As String Set xFileDlg = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) If xFileDlg.Show <> -1 Then MsgBox "Please chose a valid directory", vbInformation, "Kutools for Word" Exit Sub End If xPathStr = xFileDlg.SelectedItems(1) xStartPageStr = InputBox("Begin saving PDFs starting with page __? " & vbNewLine & "(ex: 1)", "Kutools for Word") xEndPageStr = InputBox("Save PDFs until page __?" & vbNewLine & "(ex: 7)", "Kutools for Word") If Not (IsNumeric(xStartPageStr) And IsNumeric(xEndPageStr)) Then MsgBox "The enterng start page and end page should be number format", vbInformation, "Kutools for Word" Exit Sub End If xStartPage = CInt(xStartPageStr) xEndPage = CInt(xEndPageStr) If xStartPage > xEndPage Then MsgBox "The start page number can't be larger than end page", vbInformation, "Kutools for Word" Exit Sub End If If xEndPage > ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropertyPages) Then xEndPage = ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropertyPages) End If For I = xStartPage To xEndPage ActiveDocument.ExportAsFixedFormat xPathStr & "\Page_" & I & ".pdf", _ wdExportFormatPDF, False, wdExportOptimizeForPrint, wdExportFromTo, I, I, wdExportDocumentWithMarkup, _ False, False, wdExportCreateHeadingBookmarks, True, False, False Next End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code.
4. In the Browse window, select a folder to save the pdf files and click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. In the first Kutools for Word dialog box, enter the start page number of your document into the text box and click OK.
6. In the second Kutools for Word dialog box, enter the last page number of your document, then click OK. See screenshot:
Note: If you just want to save several continuously pages in document as separate pdf files such as page 4, 5 and 6, please enter 4 and 6 separately into the above two dialog boxes.
After running the code, please go to the specified folder you selected in step 4, you can see all pages are split and saved as individual pdf files as below screenshot shown.
Split and save each page of a document as seperate new documents:
The Split Document utility of Kutools for Excel can help you to easily split and save each page of current document as separate new document in bulk as the below screenshot shown. Download and try it now! ( 60-day free trail)
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoWhat can I do to save each page with a reference in the document and not by page name?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoSalve, ho utilizzato i vostri preziosi suggerimenti e sono riuscito facilmente a generare i file singoli in pdf partendo da un file word di stampa unione. Vorrei chiedere se è possibile nominare i singoli file pdf, al posto del numero di pagina, con un nome specifico di un campo contenuto nel file di excel che ho utilizzato per stampa unione. Sarebbe il massimo. Grazie mille
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agodown loaded the kutools for trial - installed and when trying to something the word is closing and the tool never worked.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoGood day,
Thanks to let me know the bug, and sorry for the inconvenience. Would you provide your Word version? We need to figure out the problem with more information.