How to insert multiple pictures with filename in Word document?
In Word document, you can quickly insert multiple pictures at once by using the Insert function. But, sometimes, you need to insert the file path and names as caption when inserting the pictures. How could you deal with this task in Word file?
The following VBA code can help you to insert the file path and name as caption when inserting the images, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. And then, click Insert > Module, copy and paste below code into the opened blank module:
VBA code: Insert multiple pictures with filename:
Sub PicWithCaption() Dim xFileDialog As FileDialog Dim xPath, xFile As Variant On Error Resume Next Set xFileDialog = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) If xFileDialog.Show = -1 Then xPath = xFileDialog.SelectedItems.Item(1) If xPath <> "" Then xFile = Dir(xPath & "\*.*") Do While xFile <> "" If UCase(Right(xFile, 3)) = "PNG" Or _ UCase(Right(xFile, 3)) = "TIF" Or _ UCase(Right(xFile, 3)) = "JPG" Or _ UCase(Right(xFile, 3)) = "GIF" Or _ UCase(Right(xFile, 3)) = "BMP" Then With Selection .InlineShapes.AddPicture xPath & "\" & xFile, False, True .InsertAfter vbCrLf .MoveDown wdLine .Text = xPath & "\" & xFile & Chr(10) .MoveDown wdLine End With End If xFile = Dir() Loop End If End If End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, a Browse window is displayed, please select the folder that contains the images you want to insert, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK button, all the images in the selected folder have been inserted into the Word document, and the file path and name is inserted as caption we well, see screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Word, with its Images feature, you can quickly insert multiple pictures with file path and name into the Word document immediately.
|Kutools for Word : with more than 100 handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Word, please do as this:
1. Click Kutools > Images, see screenshot:
2. In the popped out Insert Pictures dialog box, please do the below operations:
- (1.) Click Add Files or Add Folder button to select the images that you want to insert;
- (2.) Then check Insert file path of each pictures as caption option at the left bottom of the dialog box;
- (3.) And then click Insert button.
3. After inserting the images, you will see each picture’s file path and name is inserted as well, see screenshot:
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoWhich line of code would you change and how to have the file path written before the picture, aka the caption (filename) is above rather than below.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agobuenas noches amigo me ha servido mucho su información sinembargo me surge una duda cree que es posible incertar imagenes en word de la misma manera pero dentro de celdas incertadas?