How to change the font size of comment balloon in Word document?
As below screenshot shown, if you want to enlarge the font size of comment balloon in Word document, what can you do? This article will show you two methods to solve this problem.
You can directly change the font size of balloon text in the All Styles pane in Word. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S keys to open the Styles pane.
2. In the Styles pane, click Options. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Style Pane Options window, select All styles from the Select styles to show drop-down list.
4. Then click OK to return to the Styles pane, please scroll down to find the Balloon Text line, click the button to expand the drop down list, and then click Modify. See screenshot:
5. In the Modify Style window, select a font size as you need in the Formatting section as below screenshot shown, and then click the OK button.
6. Close the Styles pane.
Then the font size of all comment balloons is changed to the specified one.
Note: The setting will apply to all comments in the future.
This section will introduce a VBA code to help you easily change the font size of comments balloon in Word document.
1. In the document you will change the font size of comment balloon, press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the window, click Insert > Module. Then copy below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: change the font size of comment balloon in Word
Sub SetCommentTextStyle() 'Updated by ExtendOffice 20181112 Dim objComment As Comment Dim objDoc As Document Dim strFontName As String Dim strFontSize As String Set objDoc = ActiveDocument strFontName = InputBox("Enter text font name here: ", "Font name") strFontSize = InputBox("Enter font size here: ", "Font size") With objDoc For Each objComment In .Comments objComment.Range.Font.Name = strFontName objComment.Range.Style = ActiveDocument.Styles("Balloon Text Char") Next objComment End With ActiveDocument.Styles("Balloon Text").Font.Size = Val(strFontSize) End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code.
4. In the first Kutools for Word dialog box, enter a new font for your comment and click OK.
5. In the second Kutools for Word dialog box, type in the font size as you need and click OK.
Then the font size of all comment balloons is changed to the specified one in current document.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.