How to split a Word document and save as separate PDF file?
In Word, you can save the whole document to a PDF file, but have you ever tried to split the document and then save the pages as separate PDF file? In this article, I will introduce the methods on solving this job quickly.
Here the VBA code can help you directly split a Word document by pages then save as separate PDF files.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to enable Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, copy and paste below code to the Module window.
VBA: Save Word as separate PDF
Sub SaveAsSeparatePDFs() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20181120 Dim I As Long Dim xDlg As FileDialog Dim xFolder As Variant Dim xStart, xEnd As Integer On Error GoTo lbl Set xDlg = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) If xDlg.Show <> -1 Then Exit Sub xFolder = xDlg.SelectedItems(1) xStart = CInt(InputBox("Start Page", "KuTools for Word")) xEnd = CInt(InputBox("End Page:", "KuTools for Word")) If xStart <= xEnd Then For I = xStart To xEnd ActiveDocument.ExportAsFixedFormat OutputFileName:= _ xFolder & "\Page_" & I & ".pdf", ExportFormat:=wdExportFormatPDF, _ OpenAfterExport:=False, OptimizeFor:=wdExportOptimizeForPrint, Range:= _ wdExportFromTo, From:=I, To:=I, Item:=wdExportDocumentContent, _ IncludeDocProps:=False, KeepIRM:=False, CreateBookmarks:= _ wdExportCreateHeadingBookmarks, DocStructureTags:=True, _ BitmapMissingFonts:=False, UseISO19005_1:=False Next End If Exit Sub lbl: MsgBox "Enter right page number", vbInformation, "KuTools for Word" End Sub
3. Press F5 key, in Browse dialog, select a folder to place the PDF files.
4. Click OK, then enter the page numbers you want to split start and end.
5. Click OK. Now the pages have been saved as separate PDF files.
If you are not familiar with VBA code, you can try to use an add-in tool – Kutools for Word, its Split feature can help you to split a Word document into pages based on page breaks, page numbers, heading1, section breaks, every nth page and custom page number you specify, then apply the Document Format Converter to batch convert the split Word documents to PDF.
After installing Kutools for Word, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Word Now!)
1. Enable the Word document that you want to convert to split,click Kutools Plus > Split.
2. In the Split Document dialog, choose the split rule as you need in the Split by section. Then specify the saving location and the split document file prefix. Click Ok.
In the Split by section, it provides 6 splitting types for you. For more details about every splitting type, please visit the feature introduction.
Now the split documents have been saved in the specified location.
3. After split document, click Kutools Plus > Doc/Docx.
4. In the Document Format Converter dialog, choose Convert Docx to PDF form Format Converter drop-down list, click the plus sign to add files or folders which contain the documents you want to convert to PDF, then specify other settings as you need (at default, it save the PDF files in the source folder, you can change it). Click Ok.
Now the Word documents have been converted to PDF files.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.