How to remove all section breaks in Word?
A section break is useful when you want to change the formatting in word. It is easy to insert a section break to start a new section, but do you know how to quickly remove all section breaks in a long document? Here below are some tips for you on removing all section breaks in word 2007/2010.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Old Look of Office 2003 Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
1. If you cannot see the section break mark showing in the document, please show it by clicking Home > Show/Hide Editing Marks.
2. Select the section break that you want to remove;
3. Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
Hold “Ctrl” key to select all section breaks one by one, and press Delete key. But it may be a pain to select section breaks one by one if the document convers 200 pages.
Note: Removing a section break will affect the formatting style, like remove the headers and footers in the section, or the text above the break will be formatted the same way as the text that was below the break.
1. Click Home > Replace to enable this utility.
2. It will display a Find and Replace dialog. Click More>> button to show more options. See screenshot:
3. Place the cursor in the Find What field, and select the Section Break from the Special pull-down menu;
Step 4: There will be a “^b” character in the Find What field, and click Replace All.
Running macro to remove all section breaks can keep headers and footers in the section, but if you are not good at VBA, the Macro becomes complex to understand and use.
1. Press “Alt-F11” to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window;
2. Click Insert > Module, and then input the following VBA codes in the module editing window.
The VBA code of removing all section breaks:
.Text = "^b"
.Replacement.Text = ""
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchByte = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchWildcards = False
.MatchFuzzy = False
4. Then click Run Sub button to run the code, the section breaks will be removed.
This might be the quickest way to remove all section breaks in word document. With only one click, you can immediately remove all section breaks in the whole or selection of the document.
1. Please apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Breaks > Remove Section Breaks. See screenshot:
2. After clicking Remove Section Breaks, all section breaks will be remove from the whole document or the selected part of the document. See screenshots:
Note: From the above screenshot you can see that Kutools for Word’s Remove Section Breaks utility can remove all kinds of section breaks. And Only Kutools for Word will keep the format style after removing section breaks in the document.
Kutools for Word
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Word 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016