How to remove all section breaks in Word?
A section break is useful when you want to change the formatting in word. It is easy to insert a section break to start a new section, but do you know how to quickly remove all section breaks in a long document? Here below are some tips for you on removing all section breaks in word 2007/2010.
- Remove one section break manually
- Remove all section breaks with Find and Replace feature
- Remove all sections breaks with VBA
- One click to Remove all section breaks with Kutools for Word
This method will guide you to show all paragraph marks and hidden formatting symbols in the Word document, and then manually delete the specified section break easily. See the following steps:
1. Click Home > (Show/Hide Editing Marks) to show all paragraph marks and hidden formatting symbols in current document.
2. Place the cursor before the specified section break, and then press the Delete key to remove it. See screenshot:
3. For removing more section breaks, please repeat above Step 2.
You can also remove all section breaks from current Word document with the Find and Replace feature in Word. Please do as follows:
1. Click Home > Replace (or press Ctrl + H keys simultaneously) to open the Find and Replace dialog box. See screenshot:
2. In the coming Find and Replace dialog box, please (1) type ^b in the Find what box, (2) type nothing in the Replace with box, and then (3) click the Replace All button. See screenshot:
3. A Microsoft Word dialog box pops out and tells you how many section breaks it has deleted. Please click the OK button to close it.
4. Close the Find and Replace dialog box.
So far, all section breaks have been removed from current document already.
Apart from above Find and Replace feature, you can also quickly remove all section breaks from current document with VBA in Word. Please do as follows:
1. Press Alt + F11 keys together to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window;
2. Click Insert > Module, and then paste the following VBA codes in the new module window.
VBA: remove all section breaks in Word
Sub DeleSectionBreaks() Selection.Find.ClearFormatting Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting With Selection.Find .Text = "^b" .Replacement.Text = "" .Forward = True .Wrap = wdFindContinue .Format = False .MatchCase = False .MatchWholeWord = False .MatchByte = False .MatchAllWordForms = False .MatchSoundsLike = False .MatchWildcards = False .MatchFuzzy = False End With Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll End Sub
3. Then click Run button or press F5 key to run the code. And then the section breaks will be removed in bulk at once.
If you have Kutools for Word installed, you can quickly remove all section breaks from current document in bulk with only one click by its Remove Section Breaks feature. Please do as follows:
Now all section breaks are deleted from current document in bulk immediately.
Note: This Remove Section Breaks feature also supports to delete all section breaks from selection: (1) select the part where you will remove section breaks, and (2) click Kutools > Breaks > Remove Section Breaks.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.