How to Select All Tables in Word document?
It is easy to select a table in Word by clicking the button on the upper left corner of the table as below screenshot shown. You can also select a table with the Select Table feature. However, is there any way to quickly select all tables at once in Word document? The methods in this article will help you to get through it.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window.
2. In the opening Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module, Then copy and paste the following VBA code into the Module window;
VBA code: Select all tables in current document:
Sub selecttables() Dim mytable As Table For Each mytable In ActiveDocument.Tables mytable.Range.Editors.Add wdEditorEveryone Next ActiveDocument.SelectAllEditableRanges (wdEditorEveryone) ActiveDocument.DeleteAllEditableRanges (wdEditorEveryone) End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code
Then all tables are selected in current document immediately.
Comparing with using a VBA code to select all tables in a document, Kutools for Word’s Select Tables utility is quite handy. You can use this feature to select tables in a selection or the whole document. Please do as follows:
Click Kutools > Tables > Select Tables. See screenshot:
Note: For selecting tables in selection, you need to select the range firstly and then apply the feature.
Then you can see the results as follows.
Select tables in selection:
Select tables in the whole document:
If you want to have a free trial of this utility, please go to free download the software first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...