How to select non-heading paragraphs in Word?
To meet some requirements, we need to select some non-heading paragraphs. Instead of selecting one by one, is there any easier way to select all non-heading paragraphs with one click. This tutorial will introduce you two methods to select non-heading paragraphs.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
Fortunately, we can use VBA to select non-heading paragraphs. It is an easy way.
Step 1: Press “Alt-F11” to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window;
Step 2: Click Module on the Insert tab, copy and paste the following VBA code into the Module window;
Step 3: Then click Run button to apply the VBA.
The VBA code of selcting non-heading paragraphs
Dim tempTable As Paragraph
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each tempTable In ActiveDocument.Paragraphs
'Debug.Print tempTable.Range.Style & " " & wdStyleHeading1
If tempTable.Style<>ActiveDocument.Styles(wdStyleHeading1) Then
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Note : this method takes Heading1 as an example. You can use other Heading styles to replace heading 1. If the document include several Heading styles, this method is not suitable
Kutool for Word is most handy way to select non-heading paragraphs. After you have installed Kutool for Word, one click will help you complete the whole operation.
Click Kutools >Paragraph Select on the Paragraph Select group. See screenshot
For more detailed information about Select Non-Heading Paragraphs of Kutools for Word, please visit: Paragraph Select feature description
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders in to one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading 1, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...