How to save, list and insert Auto Text entries in word quickly?
Auto text can contain a few letters, words, sentences, or paragraphs you frequently use. If you do not want to waste a lot of time to retyping same contents, Auto text is a very good way to insert the contents which you need to use over and over again in document, and save you from typing the same contents over and over again. This tutorial will introduce you two methods to save, list and insert auto text entries in word document.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
Normally, we use the Quick Parts to save, list and insert Auto text entries. You can follow the steps blow
Step 1: select the part you want to save as Auto text entries.
Step 2: Click Insert tab > Quick Parts > Save Selection to AutoText Gallery. See screenshot:
Step 3: After clicking Save Selection to AutoText Gallery, Word will display a dialog named Create New Building Block. Manage your auto text, then click OK.
Step 4: Now, the selection part of the document was successfully saved as auto text entry. And it is listed in the AutoText list box of Quick Parts.
Step 5: When you want to insert the auto text entry you have saved in Word, you need to go to the AutoText of Quick Parts, then click on the saved auto text entry. The saved auto text entry will be inserted in the document.
This method is very tedious if you need to save several selections and need to insert a lot of Auto Text entries. You have to repeat clicking Insert > Quick Parts, and selecting the Auto Text from the drop down list for inserting the auto text into document.
After you have installed the Kutools for Word, you do not need to do the same operation again and again. Kutools for Word’s Auto Text Pane utility can help you easily and quickly save, list and insert Auto text entries.
1. Please apply this utility by clicking Kutools > AutoText Pane. See screenshot:
2. Now the AutoText Pane is popping up.
Save selected text as auto text
Step 1. Select the text from the document which you want to save as auto text entry.
Step 2. Click the button in the AutoText Pane. It will display a dialog, now, manage your auto text, and finally click OK. See screenshot:
List all auto text entries in the AutoText Pane
You will see all auto text entries you have saved are listed in the AutoText Pane. See screenshot:
Insert auto text entries quickly in Word
Put your cursor on where you want to insert the auto text entry. And then do as follows.
1. Double-click on a certain auto text entry in the AutoText Pane, then it will be successfully inserted in Word.
2. Click button to insert the autotext.
3. The AutoText entry can be inserted as formatted text or only text without formatting. Click button to insert the selected AutoText entry as formatted text. Click button to insert the selected AutoText entry as only text without formatting.
1. Right click on the AutoText entry, you can Delete, Rename or Insert the AutoText entry. See screenshot:
2. The button can resize the auto text entry;
3. The button can import or export auto texts entry;
For more detailed information about Auto Text Pane of Kutools for Word, please visit: Auto Text Pane feature description
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThere is a short cut to save an Auto Text.(Alt F4 I thought) I have done it numerous times and now I am totally drawing a blank. I have found this way to be time consuming.Why does something this simple be so difficult?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoI've created an auto text entry but it isn't grabbing the footnote with it. It's a cover letter that we use a lot that has our letterhead on top with address info in the footer. I've tried several things but cannot get it to work.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agono more explain in answer.
so please briefly for this answer.