How to quickly insert checkbox symbol into Word document?
There are two kinds of checkbox in Microsoft Word, checkbox symbol and interactive checkbox. Checkbox symbol usually be applied to printable document and interactive checkbox can be checked electronically within Word document. This tutorial will show you how to insert checkbox symbol into Word document.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Old Look of Office 2003 Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Please process following steps to insert checkbox symbol in Word.
1. Put the cursor at the place you will insert the checkbox symbol, and click Insert > Symbol > More Symbols. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Symbol dialog box, please (1) choose Wingdings 2 from Font draw down list; (2) select one of specified checkbox symbols you will add; (3) click the Insert button. See screenshot:
Now the specified checkbox symbol is inserted at the cursor place.
3. For inserting the specified checkbox symbol at another place, please put the cursor at the place you will insert the symbol, and click the Insert button in the Symbol dialog box.
4. Close the Symbol dialog box.
This method will guide you to define the specified checkbox symbol as your custom bullets, and then you can easily insert multiple checkbox symbols in bulk by applying the custom bullets. Please do as follows:
1. Select the content you will add the checkbox symbols for, and click Home > Bullets > Define New Bullet. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Define New Bullet dialog box, please click the Symbol button. See screenshot:
3. Now the Symbol dialog box comes out. Please (1) select Windings 2 from the Font drop down list; (2) select one of checkbox symbols from below table; and (3) click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Click the OK button in the Define New Bullet dialog box.
And now the specified checkbox symbol is added at the font of each row in bulk at once.
Note: If you need to batch add the specified checkbox symbols in future, you can select the rows, and then click the specified checkbox symbol from the Bullets drop down list directly. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Word installed, you can apply its Check Box feature to easily insert checkbox symbols with only one click in Word.
Kutools for Word - With more than 30 handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
Put the cursor at the place you will insert a checkbox symbol, and click Kutools > Check Box, and then specify one of checkbox symbols from the drop down list. See screenshot:
For inserting checkbox symbols at many places, please repeat above processing as you need.
Note: Besides inserting a various kinds of checkbox symbols, Kutools for Word's Check box feature also supports to insert checkbox content controls, checkbox (active X control), and a checkbox list with only one click in Word.
Kutools for Word
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Word 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoVery Helpful, thanks so much
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThanks so much really helpfull
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoMighty!! Thank you very much
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoGreat & easy to follow instructions. Thank you!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoHow do i make the checkbox go across?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi Gar,
For checkbox symbols, you can’t check them;
For check boxes (content control), clicking the checkboxes will go across them;
For check boxes (ActiveX Control) by Kutools, you need to turn off the Design Mode by clicking Developer > Design Mode, and then clicking checkboxes to go across them.