Excel NORM.S.DIST Function
Excel NORM.S.DIST Function
The NORM.S.DIST calculates and returns the standard normal cumulative distribution function or probability density function of a value for an arithmetic mean of 0 and standard deviation of 1.
- z (required): The value for which to calculate the distribution.
- cumulative (required): A logical value that specifies the type of distribution to be used:
- TRUE: Returns the cumulative distribution function (CDF);
- FALSE: Returns the probability density function (PDF).
The NORM.S.DIST function returns a numeric value.
- The #VALUE! error occurs if any of the supplied arguments is nonnumeric.
Suppose that you have a list of z values, to calculate the cumulative distribution function at the values, please copy or enter the formula below in top cell of the Cumulative distribution function table (cell C3), press Enter to get the first result, and then drag the fill handle of the result cell down to apply the formula to the below cells:
√ Note: The dollar signs ($) above indicate absolute references, which means the array argument in the formula won't change when you move or copy the formula to other cells. However, there are no dollar signs added to x since you want it to be dynamic. After entering the formula, drag the fill handle down to apply the formula to the below cells.
To calculate the probability density function at the values, please copy or enter the formula below in top cell of the Probability density function table (cell 10), press Enter to get the first result, and then drag the fill handle down to apply the formula to the below cells:
NORM.S.DIST VS. NORM.DIST
- NORM.S.DIST uses the standard normal distribution which is a special case of the normal distribution where the mean is 0 and the standard deviation is 1;
- NORM.DIST uses the normal distribution with the mean and standard deviation you specified.
The NORM.DIST calculates and returns the cumulative distribution function or probability density function of a value for the given arithmetic mean and standard deviation.
The NORM.INV calculates and returns the inverse of the normal cumulative distribution for the given arithmetic mean and standard deviation.
The NORM.S.INV calculates and returns the inverse of the standard normal cumulative distribution that has an arithmetic mean of 0 and standard deviation of 1 with a given probability.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel - Helps You To Stand Out From Crowd
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
Office Tab - Enable Tabbed Reading and Editing in Microsoft Office (include Excel)
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.