Excel F.DIST.RT Function
The Excel F.DIST.RT function calculates the (right-tailed) F probability distribution which is usually used to measure the degree of diversity between two data sets.
Syntax and arguments
1. The function returns #VALUE! error value if any arguments of F.DIST.RT function is a non-numeric value.
2. The function returns #NUM! error value when:
- X is negative;
- Either deg_freedom1 or deg_freedom2 < 1.
3. If deg_freedom1 or deg_freedom2 is not an integer, it will be truncated.
4. FDIST function is calculated as FDIST=P( F>x ), where F is a random variable that has an F distribution with deg_freedom1 and deg_freedom2 degrees of freedom.
Excel 2010 and later versions
Usage and Examples
For instance, in list C2:C4 contains arguments x, deg_freedom1, and deg_freedom2, to get the relative (right-tailed) F probability, please use the formula as these:
Press Enter key.
Excel COVARIANCE.P Function
The Excel COVARIANCE.P function returns the population variance of two data sets which is used to determine the relationship between two data sets.
Excel COVARIANCE.S Function
The Excel COVARIANCE.P functionreturns the sample variance of two data sets.
Excel EXPON.DIST Function
EXPON.DIST function used in Excel 2010, returns the exponential distribution based on the given x value and the parameter of the distribution.
Excel F.DIST Function
The Excel F.DIST function returns the F probability distribution which is usually used to measure the degree of diversity between two data sets.