Excel F.INV Function
The Excel F.INV function returns the inverse of F probability distribution. If p (probability) = F.DIST(x,…), then F.INV(p,…)= x.
Syntax and arguments
1. The function returns #VALUE! error value if any arguments of F.INV function is a non-numeric value.
2. The function returns #NUM! error value when:
- Probability is < 0 or > 1;
- Either deg_freedom1 or deg_freedom2 is < 1.
3. If deg_freedom1 or deg_freedom2 is not an integer, it will be truncated.
Excel 2010 and later versions
Usage and Examples
For instance, in list C2:C4 contains arguments probability, deg_freedom1, and deg_freedom2, to get the relative inverse of the F probability, please use the formula as these:
Press Enter key.
Excel COVARIANCE.P Function
The Excel COVARIANCE.P function returns the population variance of two data sets which is used to determine the relationship between two data sets.
Excel FDIST Function
The Excel FDIST Function returns the (right-tailed) F probability distribution which is usually used to measure the degree of diversity between two data sets.
Excel EXPON.DIST Function
EXPON.DIST function used in Excel 2010, returns the exponential distribution based on the given x value and the parameter of the distribution.
Excel F.DIST Function
The Excel F.DIST function returns the F probability distribution which is usually used to measure the degree of diversity between two data sets.