Excel HARMEAN Function
The HARMEAN function returns the harmonic mean of a supplied set of values. The harmonic mean is the reciprocal of the arithmetic mean of reciprocals.
=HARMEAN(number1, [number2], ...)
- number1 (required): The first positive number or range of positive numbers for which to calculate the harmonic mean.
- [number2], ... (optional): The second and up to 253 more positive numbers or ranges of positive numbers for which to calculate the harmonic mean.
The HARMEAN function returns a positive numeric value.
- Arguments can be numbers, arrays, or references that contain numbers.
- HARMEAN ignores blank cells.
- If a text value is referenced by the HARMEAN function, HARMEAN will ignore it; If the text value is supplied directly to the HARMEAN (e.g., =HARMEAN(“kutools”)), the function will return the #VALUE! error.
- If a logical value is referenced by the HARMEAN function, HARMEAN will ignore it; If the logical value is supplied directly to the HARMEAN, the function will treat is as a number (TRUE=1, FALSE=0).
- If any supplied values are not positive (≤ 0), HARMEAN will return the #NUM! error value.
- If there are any error values in any of the arguments, HARMEAN will return the first error value.
- The equation for the harmonic mean is:
- √ Note: For more information about the harmonic mean, please view the Wikipedia Harmonic Mean Page.
Supposing you have a table with numbers as shown below, to get the harmonic mean of the numbers, please copy or enter one of the formulas below in a blank cell, and press Enter to get the result:
Or, use cell references to make the formulas dynamic:
Excel GEOMEAN Function
The GEOMEAN function returns the geometric mean of an array or range of positive numbers. The geometric mean can be used for a set of numbers whose values are meant to be multiplied together or are exponential in nature, e.g., a set of growth figures.
Excel TRIMMEAN Function
The Excel TRIMMEAN function calculates mean (average) while excluding outliers. The number of data points to exclude is provided as a percentage.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.