Excel MINIFS Function
The MINIFS function returns the smallest numeric value in a range that meet one or more supplied criteria.
The MINIFS function returns a numeric value.
- The MINIFS function is only available in Excel 365, Excel 2019, and Excel 2021.
- Criteria_range and criteria should be supplied in pairs.Up to 126 pairs are allowed.
- Criteria can be a number, expression, cell reference, or text.
- Criteria supplied as an empty cell are treated as 0 (zero) value.
- Logical operators (>,<,<>,=) and wildcards (*,?) for partial matching can be included in the criteria argument.
- If no cells in the criteria_range meet the criteria, 0 (zero) value will be returned.
- Empty cells in the min_range that meet criteria will be ignored by the MINIFS function.
- Each criteria_range must have the same size and shape as the average_range in the MINIFS function, otherwise, the #VALUE! error value will occur.
As shown in the table below, we need to calculate the smallest value of the items which start with “A” and are not Apple. Please copy the formula below into cell E8 and press the Enter key to get the result.
=MINIFS (C5:C14, B5:B14, E5, B5:B14, F5)
- The two criteria arguments of the above formula are supplied as cell references E5 and F5.
- We can directly input values in criteria arguments. The formula above can be changed to:
=MINIFS (C5:C14, B5:B14, "A*", B5:B14, "<>Apple")
Excel AVERAGE Function
The AVERAGE function calculates the average (arithmetic mean) of the given numbers.
Excel AVERAGEA Function
The AVERAGEA function calculates the average (arithmetic mean) of the supplied values.
Excel AVERAGEIF Function
The AVERAGEIF function calculates the average (arithmetic mean) of the numbers in a range that meet the given criteria.