Format Text Effects – Text Shadow
You may be familiar to add shadows for shapes or images in some image processing tools, says Photoshops, etc. Actually, we can also add shadows for text. And Outlook email supports this amazing text effects too.
Note: Methods introduced on this page apply to Microsoft Outlook 2019 desktop program in Windows 10. And the instructions may vary significantly or slightly depending on the version of Microsoft Outlook and the Windows environments.
When you are composing, replying, or forwarding an email in Outlook, you can follow below steps to add shadow for the selected text in the message body.
1. In the message body, select the text you will add shadow for.
2. Click the anchor at the bottom-right corner of the Font group on the Format Text tab to open the Font dialog.
Tips: You can also press Ctrl + D keys to open the Font dialog.
3. In the Font dialog, please click the Text Effects button at the bottom-right corner.
4. Now in the Format Text Effects dialog, enable the Text Effects tab, and click the blank arrow before Shadow to expand this section.
5. Go ahead to specify the parameters of the shadow as you need.
You can quickly select a style of shadows from the Presets drop-down list.
If the selected preset shadow meets your needs, you can save the settings and close the Format Text Effects dialog directly. If not, you can go ahead to set the below parameters.
Click the Color drop-down list, and then pick up a shadow color from the drop-down list.
(3) Other parameters of the text shadow
Drag the sliders or enter certain numbers in corresponding boxes to specify the transparency, size, blur, angle, and distance of the shadow.
- Transparency: Drag the slider or enter a percentage to set the shadow transparency.
- Size: Drag the slider or enter a percentage to set the shadow size.
- Blur: Drag the slider or enter a number of points to set how long the shadow becomes blurry.
- Angle: Drag the slider or enter the degree in the right box to set the angle of the light source.
- Distance: Drag the slider or enter a number of points to set how long the shadow is from the selected text.
6. Click the OK buttons to save the settings and close both dialogs.
If you need to remove the text shadow from text in the message body, you can do as follows:
1. In the message body, select the text whose text shadow you will remove.
2. Press Ctrl + D keys to open the Font dialog, and then click Text Effects button in the Font dialog box.
3. In the Format Text Effects tab, enable the Text Effects tab, select None from the Presets drop-down list in the Shadow section, and click the OK buttons to close both dialogs.
Alternatively, you can also apply the Clear All Formatting button (in the Font group on the Format Text tab) to clear all formatting from the selected text, including the text shadow.
More articles ...
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.