Easily search tasks with one or multiple criteria in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
It may be easy for you to search specific tasks in Outlook with the build-in search function. But do you know how to save the search criteria for future using? Here, with the Advanced Search utility of Kutools for Outlook, you can not only search tasks with one or multiple criteria at the same time, but also save each group of the search criteria as a scenario to avoid resetting the same criteria each time in the future.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
This section will guide you to easily search tasks with one or multiple criteria in Outlook.
1. In Outlook, shift to the Tasks view by clicking the Tasks button in the Navigation Pane.
2. Click Kutools > Advanced Search to activate this feature. See screenshot:
Then, an Advanced Search pane is displayed on the right side in Outlook.
Supposing, you want to search all completed tasks which containing text “KTE” in the subject in current tasks folder, please do as follows to achieve it.
1). Specify a search scope from the Search scope drop-down list except for the All Outlook Items option. In this case, I select Current Folder from the Search scope drop-down list.
2). Now, create your search criteria.
- For the criterion you don’t need, please click the button to remove it from the pane;
- You can click the button or the button to add more criteria to the pane based on your needs;
- Here I remove all unneeded criteria and add the Subject and Complete conditions to the pane, enter “KTE” into the Text box and choose Yes from the Complete drop-down list. See screenshot:
3). Click the Search Now button to search the tasks. Then all matched tasks are listed as below screenshot shown.
After setting the search criteria, you may need to save these criteria for future using. This section is going to show you how to save search criteria as a scenario and reuse it in Outlook.
Save search criteria as a scenario
1. After searching, click the Save Current Scenario button, enter the scenario name in the opening Kutools for Outlook dialog and click the OK button.
Now the criteria has been saved in Outlook.
Easily use and edit the saved criteria in the future
All tasks scenarios will be listed in the Open Saved Scenario drop-down list.
If you want to open a scenario, please click to expand the Open Saved Scenario drop-down list, and click the specific scenario to open the search criteria.
If you make some changes to the scenario, please click the Save Current Criteria button to save the changes.
1. Easily manage all saved tasks scenarios
Click the Scenario Management button to open the Advanced Find – Scenario Management window.
- 1.1 All tasks scenarios are listed under the Tasks tab. You can rearrange their order, rename or delete them with the Move Up, Move Down, Rename or the Delete button in the window.
- 1.2 You can open a certain scenario by selecting it and click the Open button in this window.
2. Click the button will create a new scenario in the Advanced Search pane.
3. Click the button will list all interface options with their names. You can also select them from the drop-down list.
4. The Clear Search button will clear current search results immediately.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.