How to identify uppercase, lowercases, and proper cases in Excel?
Sometimes there may be many uppercases, lowercase, or proper cases mixing in a range. Normally it is not easy to identify the cells with uppercase, lowercase, or proper cases by eyes quickly. And here we will introduce some easy ways to identify cells with uppercase, lowercase, and proper case quickly.
We will show you the guidance to identify all uppercase, lowercases, and proper cases with the following table.
Convert text strings to uppercase, lowercase, proper case or sentence case:
With the help of Kutools for Excel’s Change Case utility, you can quickly change the text strings to upper case, lower case, proper case, sentence case and so on.
You can identify all cells with uppercases in a selection with following steps:
1. In a blank cell, says Cell C1, enter the formula of =EXACT(B1,UPPER(B1)), and press the Enter key.
This formula will identify whether the text in Cell B1 is uppercase or not. If the text in Cell B1 is uppercase, it will returns "TRUE"; if the text in Cell B1 is not uppercase, it will returns "FALSE".
2. Select the Range of C1:C20, and click the Home > Fill > Down to copy the formula to each cell. Now you can identify the uppercase in Column B according to the values in Column C easily.
You can identity all cells with lowercase in selection with following steps:
1. In a blank cell, says Cell C1, enter the formula of =EXACT(B1,LOWER(B1)), and press the Enter key.
2. Select the cell C1, and drag the fill handle over the range of cells that you want to contain this formula. Now it fills the Column C with the text of "TRUE" and "FALSE". The text of "TRUE" means the text in corresponding cell in Column B is lowercase, and the text of "FALSE" means it is not lowercase.
You can use this formula =EXACT(B1,PROPER(B1)) or =SUBSTITUTE(B1,PROPER(B1),"x")="x" to identify if the text in specific cell is proper case or not.
That will also return False if the original string (in B1) is not in the proper case, and True if it is. See screenshots:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!