How to only delete visible rows or columns in Excel？
In Excel, we usually hide some important rows or columns of information, sometimes, we need to delete the visible rows or columns only, if you delete them with Delete key directly, the hidden values will be deleted at the same time. How do you delete the visible rows or columns without deleting the hidden rows or columns in Excel? This tutorial will introduce the ways to delete visible rows only.
Batch delete blank/visible/hidden rows or columns in Excel
You can delete visible, hidden or blank rows in Excel by selecting them one by one then press Delete key to remove them, but if there are hundreds of rows needed to be removed, the Delete Hidden (Visible) Rows & Columns in Kutools for Excel will do you a favor. With this tool, you can remove blank rows (columns), visible rows (columns), or hidden rows (columns) in selected range, active sheet, selected sheets or whole workbook. Click here for 60-day free trial of this tool.
With this Go To Special command in Excel, you can quickly select the visible values and then delete them with Delete key. Do as this:
1. Select the range that you want to delete the visible data.
2. Click Home > Find & Select > Go To Special, see screenshot:
3. In the Go To Special dialog box, select Visible cells only, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK, all the visible rows have been selected in the selected range. Then press Delete key on the keyboard, the selected visible values will be deleted and the hidden values will be kept. See screenshots:
In this way, you can also remove the visible column values.
The following VBA code also can help you to remove the visible cell values only in Excel.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
3. Then press F5 key or to run the code, and the visible cell values have been removed with the hidden values remaining.
4. Then a dialog will be displayed for you to select a range to deletd the visible cells only .
Sub DeleteVisibleRows() 'Update 20130906 Dim WorkRng As Range On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) Application.ScreenUpdating = False WorkRng.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).ClearContents Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
The above two methods only can remove the visible values, but not the entire rows, if you have the Kutools for Excel, its Delete Rows & Columns function can help you quickly delete the visible entire rows or columns.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the range that you want to apply this tool. Click Kutools > Delete > Delete Hidden (Visible) Rows & Columns, see screenshot:
3. In the Delete Rows & Columns dialog box, choose In Select Range from the Look in, then specify the Rows and Visible rows from the Delete type and Detailed type separately. Click Ok, and the prompt box will remind you how many visible rows have been deleted, click OK to close it. See screenshot:
1. You can delete the visible rows or columns from the selected range, selected sheets, active sheet or all sheets under the Look in option.
2. With this function, you also can only delete hidden rows or columns, blank rows or columns.
Please click Delete Rows & Columns to know about this feature.