How to delete all hidden rows or columns in Excel?
If you have a large workbook with a lot of hidden rows and columns, and now the hidden data are unavailable, you would like to delete all of them. How could you quickly delete them?
If you use Excel 2007, 2010 or Excel 2013, it is easily for you to remove the unwanted hidden rows or columns. You can do it as follow steps:
1. If you us Excel 2007, please click Office Button on the top left corner, and then click Prepare > Inspect Document. See screenshot:
If you use Excel 2010/2013, please click File > Info > Check for Issues > Inspect Document, see screenshots:
In Excel 2013:
In Excel 2010:
2. Then a Document Inspector dialog box will appear, click Inspect button, and the hidden rows and columns in the whole workbook have been inspected, click Remove All button, see screenshot:
3. And then click Close button to close the dialog. And all of the hidden rows and columns in the workbook will be removed.
Notes: 1. If there are formulas to manipulate the data in your workbook and the formulas call for data from hidden rows and columns, then deleting that information will cause incorrect result.
2. With this function, you can delete all of the hidden rows and columns in the whole workbook.
If you just want to remove the hidden rows or columns in a worksheet, the following VBA code can help you. Please do as follows:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Delete all hidden rows and columns of active worksheet:
Sub deletehidden() For lp = 256 To 1 Step -1 If Columns(lp).EntireColumn.Hidden = True Then Columns(lp).EntireColumn.Delete Else Next For lp = 65536 To 1 Step -1 If Rows(lp).EntireRow.Hidden = True Then Rows(lp).EntireRow.Delete Else Next End Sub
2. Then press F5 key to execute the code. And all the hidden rows and columns have been deleted in the active worksheet.
Note: If there are formulas to manipulate the data in your workbook and the formulas call for data from hidden rows and columns, then deleting that information will cause incorrect result.
Delete all hidden rows or columns in a selection / worksheet / whole workbook with Kutools for Excel
With the Delete Hidden (Visible) Rows & Columns utility of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly remove the hidden rows or columns in selected range, in active worksheet, in selected worksheets and in all worksheets.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Click Kutools > Delete > Delete Hidden (Visible) Rows & Columns, see screenshot:
2. In the Delete Hidden (Visible) Rows & Columns dialog box, specify the scope that you want to apply the operation from Look in drop down list. (If you choose In Selected Range, you must select a range that you want to use first.) And then check Rows or Columns under Delete type. And select Hidden rows from Detailed type. Then click Ok, the hidden rows have been deleted from the selected range, see screenshot:
To know more about this feature, please visit the Delete Rows & Columns function.
Demo: Delete all hidden rows or columns in a selection / worksheet / whole workbook with Kutools for Excel
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!