when the date is one day or past the expiration date a 2nd massage saying Mediate acetoin required
maybe in RED
I a tool make and this is real difficult
Maybe, there are thousands of staff in your enterprise, and on their birthday, you want to send them a birthday card with your wishes. And their name, birth and other details are list in a worksheet, how could you know whose birthday is today? And how can you make birthday reminder in Excel?
Calculate age based on birthday:
|Kutools for Excel contains a powerful Formulas utility which collects some commonly used formulas can help you do some usual calculations quickly and easy, such as calculate age, add years, months, days to date, sum absolute values etc. Read more about this feature...|
The following formula can give a mark for the persons whose birthday is today. You can deal with this problem with these steps:
1. Supposing you have the following information of your staff.
2. Please enter or copy this formula =IF(MONTH(B2)<>MONTH(TODAY())," ",IF(DAY(B2)<>DAY(TODAY())," ","Happy Birthday")) (B2 is the cell which contains birthday date, you can change it as you need) into a blank cell C2, for instance.
3. Then press Enter key, then select the cell C2 and drag the fill handle to the range that you want to apply this formula. If the date meet the criteria, it will display Happy Birthday in the cell, but if doesn’t meet the criteria, it will display a blank cell. See screenshot:
Note: This formula is dynamic, the result will be changed as the time changes, so you can quickly view whose birthday is today.
Instead of using the above formula, you can also apply Conditional Formatting to highlight the birthday dates of today in column B.
1. Select all the dates in column B.
2. Then click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule, see screenshot:
3. And in the New Formatting Rule dialog, click Use a formula to determine which cells to format option under the Select a Rule Type section, and then input this formula =(MONTH(TODAY())=MONTH(B2))*(DAY(TODAY())=DAY(B2)) into the Format values where this formula is true field. (B2 is the first active cell of your date range ) See screenshot:
4. Then click Format button to go to the Format Cells dialog, and click Fill tab, then choose one color that you like.
5. And then click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and the birthday date is today are highlighted as follows:
Note: This Conditional Formatting is also a dynamic way, the result will be changed as the time changes, so you can quickly view whose birthday is today.