How to find and replace text in chart titles in Excel?
Charts are very useful for us in Excel, and we often give them some titles for identifying them. But have you tried to find and replace the text value in chart titles within multiple charts? Today, I will talk about how to find a specific text in multiple chart tiles and replace them with other value in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Supposing you have a worksheet which contains the charts as following screenshot shown, and you want to replace the text January by February within all of the chart titles only. Of course, you can change manually them one by one, but this will be time-consuming if there are multiple charts. So here, the following VBA code can help you to deal with this task.< /p>
1. Activate your worksheet which contains the charts you want to find and replace in their titles.
2. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Find and replace text in chart titles within active worksheet
Sub ChartLabelReplace() 'Update 20140603 Dim xWs As Worksheet Dim xFindStr As String Dim xReplace As String xFindStr = Application.InputBox("Find:", xTitleId, "", Type:=2) xReplace = Application.InputBox("Replace:", xTitleId, "", Type:=2) Set xWs = Application.ActiveSheet For Each ch In xWs.ChartObjects If ch.Chart.HasTitle Then ch.Chart.ChartTitle.Text = VBA.Replace(ch.Chart.ChartTitle.Text, xFindStr, xReplace, 1) End If Next End Sub
4. Then press F5 key to run this code, and a prompt box will pop out to remind you entering your old text that you want to replace, see screenshot:
5. And then click OK button, and another prompt box pops up, you need to type your new text value that you want to replace the old one, see screenshot:
6. Go on clicking OK to close the prompt box, and your old texts have been replaced by the news at one time in the current worksheet as following screenshot shown:
Note: If you need to find and replace the text value of chart titles in all of the worksheets in a workbook, you should apply the following VBA code: (The procedure is the same as the above)
VBA code: Find and replace text in chart titles within all worksheets
Sub ChartLabelReplaceAllWorksheet() 'Update 20140603 Dim xFindStr As String Dim xReplace As String xFindStr = Application.InputBox("Find:", xTitleId, "", Type:=2) xReplace = Application.InputBox("Replace:", xTitleId, "", Type:=2) For Each sh In Worksheets For Each ch In sh.ChartObjects If ch.Chart.HasTitle Then ch.Chart.ChartTitle.Text = VBA.Replace(ch.Chart.ChartTitle.Text, xFindStr, xReplace, 1) End If Next Next End Sub