How to merge changes in a shared workbook?
When you make a shared workbook and allow others to edit it, there may be several copies after others changing this shared workbook. And if you want to merge all the changes in the shared workbook, how can you do? This tutorial will teach you a quick way to merge the changes in a shared workbook.
If you want to merge changes in a shared workbook, you need to add a compare and merge changes in workbooks command into Quick Access Toolbar.
1. Open the shared workbook you want to merge changes, and click arrow of the Customize Quick Access Toolbar, then select More Commands. See screenshot:
2. In the Excel Options dialog, select All commands in the drop down list of the Choose commands from, and select Compare and Merge workbooks command and click Add or double click to add it to the Customize Quick Access Toolbar pane. See screenshot:
3. Click OK to close the dialog, and you can see the Compare and Merge workbooks command has been added into the Quick Access Toolbar. See screenshot:
4. Now you can merge the changes. Click the Compare and Merge workbooks command button, and it opens a Select Files to Merge into Current Workbook dialog, and you can select the workbooks you want to merge the changes. See screenshot:
5. Click OK. Now all the changes are merged into your current shared workbook.
1. The Compare and Merge workbooks command button only can be used in a shared workbook.
2. This method just shows the last changes in the workbooks after merging.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!