How to prevent resizing chart when resizing rows and columns in Excel?
If there is a chart in Excel, and when you drag the rows or columns to resize, the chart above these rows or columns will be resized, too. Sometimes you may just need the chart keep size and do not changed with the columns and rows resizing, how can you do?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
If you want to stop resizing chart when resizing rows and columns, you can do as follow:
1. Right click on the chart, and select Format Chart Area from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Chart Area dialog, click Properties in the left pane, and then check Move but don’t sizewith cells from the Object positioning section. See screenshot:
3. Then click Close to close the dialog. Now the chart will not resize with the columns and rows resizing.
In Excel 2013, after right-click the chart to select Format Chart Area, click CHART OPTION > Size & Properties, and check Move but don’t size with cells from the Properties list. See screenshot:
If you need to prevent a certain chart from resizing when resizing corresponding rows or columns below the chart in Excel 2007, please do as following:
1. Click to select the chart that you will prevent from resizing.
2. Then the Chart Tools is activated. Please click the launcher button at the bottom-right corner of Size group on the Format tab. See screen shot:
3. In the popping up Size and Properties dialog, check the option of Move but don’t size with cells on the Properties tab, and click the Close to exit. See screen shot: