How to prevent resizing chart when resizing rows and columns in Excel?
If there is a chart in Excel, and when you drag the rows or columns to resize, the chart above these rows or columns will be resized, too. Sometimes you may just need the chart keep size and do not changed with the columns and rows resizing, how can you do?
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
If you want to stop resizing chart when resizing rows and columns, you can do as follow:
1. Right click on the chart, and select Format Chart Area from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Chart Area dialog, click Properties in the left pane, and then check Move but don’t sizewith cells from the Object positioning section. See screenshot:
3. Then click Close to close the dialog. Now the chart will not resize with the columns and rows resizing.
In Excel 2013, after right-click the chart to select Format Chart Area, click CHART OPTION > Size & Properties, and check Move but don’t size with cells from the Properties list. See screenshot:
If you need to prevent a certain chart from resizing when resizing corresponding rows or columns below the chart in Excel 2007, please do as following:
1. Click to select the chart that you will prevent from resizing.
2. Then the Chart Tools is activated. Please click the launcher button at the bottom-right corner of Size group on the Format tab. See screen shot:
3. In the popping up Size and Properties dialog, check the option of Move but don’t size with cells on the Properties tab, and click the Close to exit. See screen shot: