How to circle invalid data in Excel?
Supposing you have a range of data you want to circle some values which don’t meet your condition, in Excel, you can use Data Validation feature to create rules for selected data range, and then apply Circle Invalid Data function to circle all the data beyond your criterion. Please read this article to know more details.
To circle the invalid data you need, please apply the Data Validation feature to set a rule first.
1. Select you data range that you want to circle the invalid values.
2. Click Data > Data Validation > Data Validation, see screenshot:
3. Then in the Data Validation dialog, set the conditions as you need, in this example, I want to circle all the values which beyond 100 – 400, so I will select Whole number from the Allow drop down list, and select between under Data section, then enter the min and max value – 100 and 400, (you can set the data validation as you need)see screenshot:
4. After setting the data validation, please go to click Data > Data Validation > Circle Invalid Data, and all the values which are not between 100-400 have been circled with red oval. See screenshots:
1. With this Circle Invalid Data feature, you can only circle 255 cells at most. And when you save the current workbook, the red circles will be removed.
2. And this circle is non-printable.
3. You can also remove the red circles by clicking Data > Data Validation > Clear Validation Circles.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!