How to circle invalid data in Excel?
Supposing you have a range of data you want to circle some values which don’t meet your condition, in Excel, you can use Data Validation feature to create rules for selected data range, and then apply Circle Invalid Data function to circle all the data beyond your criterion. Please read this article to know more details.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately. 60-day Unlimited Free Trial
To circle the invalid data you need, please apply the Data Validation feature to set a rule first.
1. Select you data range that you want to circle the invalid values.
2. Click Data > Data Validation > Data Validation, see screenshot:
3. Then in the Data Validation dialog, set the conditions as you need, in this example, I want to circle all the values which beyond 100 – 400, so I will select Whole number from the Allow drop down list, and select between under Data section, then enter the min and max value – 100 and 400, (you can set the data validation as you need)see screenshot:
4. After setting the data validation, please go to click Data > Data Validation > Circle Invalid Data, and all the values which are not between 100-400 have been circled with red oval. See screenshots:
1. With this Circle Invalid Data feature, you can only circle 255 cells at most. And when you save the current workbook, the red circles will be removed.
2. And this circle is non-printable.
3. You can also remove the red circles by clicking Data > Data Validation > Clear Validation Circles.
Excel Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI have cells with values that will result in symbols given certain conditions. I do not want to circle the invalid values. I want excel to circle the symbol. Example: pupil 1 has 96%, hence A. Pupil 2 has 19%, hence U. My spreadsheet should indicate all "U"s,
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThanx and Jazzak Allah
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoi want to get different colors of text into ms excel
Paint ( Yellow Color) if i write any where in sheet word Paint that should be curcle or different colors