How to circle invalid data in Excel?
Supposing you have a range of data you want to circle some values which don’t meet your condition, in Excel, you can use Data Validation feature to create rules for selected data range, and then apply Circle Invalid Data function to circle all the data beyond your criterion. Please read this article to know more details.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To circle the invalid data you need, please apply the Data Validation feature to set a rule first.
1. Select you data range that you want to circle the invalid values.
2. Click Data > Data Validation > Data Validation, see screenshot:
3. Then in the Data Validation dialog, set the conditions as you need, in this example, I want to circle all the values which beyond 100 – 400, so I will select Whole number from the Allow drop down list, and select between under Data section, then enter the min and max value – 100 and 400, (you can set the data validation as you need)see screenshot:
4. After setting the data validation, please go to click Data > Data Validation > Circle Invalid Data, and all the values which are not between 100-400 have been circled with red oval. See screenshots:
1. With this Circle Invalid Data feature, you can only circle 255 cells at most. And when you save the current workbook, the red circles will be removed.
2. And this circle is non-printable.
3. You can also remove the red circles by clicking Data > Data Validation > Clear Validation Circles.