How to quickly delete all contents of unlocked / unprotected cells in Excel?
If you have a worksheet which contains a part of unlocked cells, and now, you would like to delete all the unlocked cell contents at once. Do you have any solutions to deal with this task?
To clear all of the values of unprotected cells, you can use the Find and Replace feature to select the unlocked cells first, and then delete them immediately.
1. Open your worksheet that you want to delete the unlocked cells, and click Home > Find & Select > Find or press shortcuts - Ctrl + F keys to open the Find and Replace dialog, see screenshot:
2. In the Find and Replace dialog box, click Options button to expand the dialog, see screenshot:
3. Then click Format button, and a Find Format dialog box will pop out, then under Protection tab, uncheck Locked and Hidden boxes, see screenshot:
4. Click OK to return to the Find and Replace dialog box, then click Find All button, all the unprotected cells are displayed in the below list box, and then press Ctrl + A to select all of them, see screenshot:
5. And then close this Find and Replace dialog, all the unlocked cells have been selected in the current worksheet, see screenshot:
6. Then you just need to press Delete key on the keyboard, and the selected unlocked cell contents will removed at once.
The following VBA code also can help you to clear the contents of the unlocked cells, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Delete all contents of unlocked cells
Dim Rng As Range
Dim WorkRng As Range
On Error Resume Next
xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel"
Set WorkRng = Application.Selection
Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8)
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each Rng In WorkRng
If Rng.Locked = False Then Rng.ClearContents
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and specify a range that you want to remove the contents of the unlocked cells in the popped out box, see screenshot:
4. Click OK, and the contents in unlocked range cells have been cleared.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, its Select Unlocked Cells feature can help you to select the unprotected cells first, and then you can delete them at once.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as following steps:
1. Select the data range that you want to clear the unlocked cell contents.
2. Click Kutools > Select Tools > Select Unlocked Cells, see screenshot:
3. And all the unlocked cells have been selected in your selection.
4. Press Delete key on keyboard to delete the selected cell contents immediately.
If you want to know more about this feature, please click Select Unlocked Cells.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!