How to print borders around each page in Excel?
If you have a worksheet which has hundreds pages, when you print the worksheet, you would like a page border around each pages to make the document more professional. You can select one page content and apply the border manually in Excel, but this will be painful if there are multiple pages. Here, I can help you to solve this job with some workarounds in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
There is no good ways to deal with this problem, but you can set the gridlines when you print your worksheet. Please do as follows:
1. If there are some borders in your worksheet, you need to remove them first. Please select your worksheet, and then click Home > Border icon > No Border, see screenshot:
2. Then go to click Page Layout > Page Setup arrow, see screenshot:
3. In the Page Setup dialog box, click Sheet tab, and then check Gridlines under Print section, see screenshot:
4. And then you can preview the result by clicking Print Preview button at the bottom of the dialog, and now when you print the worksheet, a bold border around each pages will be printed with the contents. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its Add Border to Each Page, you can add border to every page of the active sheet with one click.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Active the sheet you want to add borders, and then click Enterprise > Printing > Add Border to Each Page. See screenshot:
2. A dialog popps out to warn you that all existing borders will be deleted if you conticue to applying Add Border to Each Page. Click Yes to continue. See screenshot:
Now you can see each page of the sheet has been added border around.
Insert Page Break Every Row (quickly insert page break in every nth row of the worksheet.)