How to print borders around each page in Excel?
If you have a worksheet which has hundreds pages, when you print the worksheet, you would like a page border around each pages to make the document more professional. You can select one page content and apply the border manually in Excel, but this will be painful if there are multiple pages. Here, I can help you to solve this job with some workarounds in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
There is no good ways to deal with this problem, but you can set the gridlines when you print your worksheet. Please do as follows:
1. If there are some borders in your worksheet, you need to remove them first. Please select your worksheet, and then click Home > Border icon > No Border, see screenshot:
2. Then go to click Page Layout > Page Setup arrow, see screenshot:
3. In the Page Setup dialog box, click Sheet tab, and then check Gridlines under Print section, see screenshot:
4. And then you can preview the result by clicking Print Preview button at the bottom of the dialog, and now when you print the worksheet, a bold border around each pages will be printed with the contents. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its Add Border to Each Page, you can add border to every page of the active sheet with one click.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Active the sheet you want to add borders, and then click Enterprise > Printing > Add Border to Each Page. See screenshot:
2. A dialog popps out to warn you that all existing borders will be deleted if you conticue to applying Add Border to Each Page. Click Yes to continue. See screenshot:
Now you can see each page of the sheet has been added border around.
Insert Page Break Every Row (quickly insert page break in every nth row of the worksheet.)