How to automatically insert rows in Excel?
If you need to insert blank rows frequently in a worksheet, you can right click the entire row to select Insert to insert a blank row. However, maybe the right-click method is not convenient enough for you. Now I introduce some shortcuts for you to insert blank rows in Excel.
Fortunately, there are shortcuts that can quickly insert blank row in Excel.
Select the entire row which you want to insert a blank row above, and press Shift + Ctrl + + keys together, then a blank row is inserted.
There is a VBA code can create another shortcuts for inserting blank row.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic For Applications window.
2. Click Module > Insert to insert a Module window, and copy the below VBA into the window.
VBA: Insert blank row.
Public Sub InsertRow() ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Rows("1:1").EntireRow.Insert Shift:=xlDown End Sub
3. Close the window and return back to Excel, and press Alt + F8 keys to open Macro dialog.
4. In the Macro dialog, select InsertRow from the list, and click Options. See screenshot:
5. In the Macro Options dialog, press Shift and R keys together, then click OK to go back to Macro dialog.
6. Click Run to close Macro dialog. Now press Shift + Ctrl + R keys together will insert a blank row below the active cell.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!