How to stop/turn off auto fill color in Excel?
In Excel, if you fill color in the range cells more than twice continuously, and when you go on next cell by pressing Enter key, the cell will be auto filled with same color, too. Sometimes, the auto fill color is annoying for you. Now I tell you the method on stopping auto fill color in Excel.
Stop auto fill color in Excel
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save
70% of your time and solve
80% Excel problems for you.
300+ advanced features designed for
1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
Stop auto fill color in Excel
You need to go to Excel Options to uncheck an option to turn off auto fill color.
In Excel 2007/2010/2013
1. Launch Excel, and click Office button/File tab > Options. See screenshot:
2. Click Advanced in left pane, and uncheck Extend data range formats and formulas option.
3. Click OK to close dialog, then when you press Enter key to go to next cell, the color will not auto fill in the cell.
In Excel 2003.
1. Enable Excel, and click Tools > Options. See screenshot:
2. In the Options dialog, click Edit tab, uncheck Extend data range formats and formulas option.
3. Click OK to close dialog.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools For Excel brings
300+ cool and powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) for
1500+ work scenarios, helps you solve
80% Excel problems.
- Deal with all complicated tasks in seconds, help to enhance your work ability, get success from the fierce competition, and never worry about being fired.
- Save a lot of work time, leave much time for you to love and care the family and enjoy a comfortable life now.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands, and give you a healthy body.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes, and get admiring glance from your colleagues or friends.
- No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes, have a relaxing and pleasant mind, give you a thrill you've never had before.
- Spend only $39, but worth than $4000 training of others. Being used by 110,000 elites and 300+ well-known companies.
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years. Buy once, use forever.
- Change the way you work now, and give you a better life immediately!
- Increases your productivity by
50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Open and create documents in new tabs of same window, rather than in new windows.
- Help you work faster and easily stand out from the crowd! One second to switch between dozens of open documents!