How to copy row and column headings in Excel?
To copy and paste data from Excel to other application is easy for you, but sometimes, you need to copy and paste the data with the row and column headings together. There is no direct way to copy row and column headings, but here has a workaround to copy and paste the data as an image. Read the following article to know more about solving this problem.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
You can quickly and easily finish this job with following steps:
1. First, you need to set up the page so that the page will be printed with headings. Click Page Layout tab, and check Print under Headings section, see screenshot:
2. Select the cells to be copied.
3. Then click Home > Copy > Copy as Picture, see screenshot:
Tip: In Excel 2007, please click Home > Paste > As Picture > Copy as Picture, see screenshot:
4. In the Copy Picture dialog, check As shown when printed option.
5. Then click OK to close this dialog, and now, you can press Ctrl + V to paste the selected cells to any place you need, and the row and column headings have been pasted as well.