How to change scale of axis in chart in Excel?
Sometimes, when you insert a chart in Excel, the scale of axis may be too small to show all of the units clearly as shown as below. In this case, you can change the axis units to meet the chart size in Excel.
You can change the axis units to change the scale of axis.
1. Right click at the axis you want to change, select Format Axis from context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Axis dialog, check Major unit’s Fixed option, then in the text box, type a new unit you need. See screenshot:
Tip: If you think the scale of axis is so large, you can type a smaller unit, whereas, type a larger unit.
3. Click Close to exit dialog. Now you can see the scale of axis is changed.
In Excel 2013, you can change the scale of axis in a chart with following steps:
1. Right click the axis you want to change, select Format Axis from context menu.
2. In the Format Axis pane in the right, click the Axis Options button, and change the number in the Major box in the Units section. See screen shot below:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!