How to remove personal information of a workbook?
When you create and save a workbook, some of your personal information such as Author name, Last saved by are saved as File properties. You may want to remove this information if you need to share your workbook with others. But, in Excel, how could you remove the personal information of a workbook quickly and easily?
Enable you to do smarter, faster and better
In Excel, you can apply the Inspect Document feature to inspect the personal information of a workbook, and then remove them as you need.
1. Launch your workbook, and click File > Info > Check for Issues > Inspect Document in Excel 2010/2013, see screenshot:
Tip: In Excel 2007, please click Office Button > Prepare > Inspect Document, see screenshot:
2. In the Document Inspector dialog box, please click Inspect button at the bottom of the dialog to check up the personal information, when the Document Properties and Personal Information is displayed, click Remove All. See screenshot:
3. Then close the dialog, and the personal information has been removed from the workbook.
Here also is a simple code can help you to remove the personal information.
1. Open your workbook that you want to remove the personal information.
2. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: remove personal information of a workbook
Sub remove() ActiveWorkbook.RemovePersonalInformation = True End Sub
4. Then press F5 key to run this code, and then save and close your workbook. When you open your workbook next time, the personal information has been removed.