How to remove personal information of a workbook?
When you create and save a workbook, some of your personal information such as Author name, Last saved by are saved as File properties. You may want to remove this information if you need to share your workbook with others. But, in Excel, how could you remove the personal information of a workbook quickly and easily?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2021 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, you can apply the Inspect Document feature to inspect the personal information of a workbook, and then remove them as you need.
1. Launch your workbook, and click File > Info > Check for Issues > Inspect Document in Excel 2010/2013, see screenshot:
Tip: In Excel 2007, please click Office Button > Prepare > Inspect Document, see screenshot:
2. In the Document Inspector dialog box, please click Inspect button at the bottom of the dialog to check up the personal information, when the Document Properties and Personal Information is displayed, click Remove All. See screenshot:
3. Then close the dialog, and the personal information has been removed from the workbook.
Here also is a simple code can help you to remove the personal information.
1. Open your workbook that you want to remove the personal information.
2. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: remove personal information of a workbook
Sub remove() ActiveWorkbook.RemovePersonalInformation = True End Sub
4. Then press F5 key to run this code, and then save and close your workbook. When you open your workbook next time, the personal information has been removed.