How to reverse axis order in Excel?
Sometimes, you may need to reverse axis order in a chart. For example, in a bar chart, compared with the data, the axis order is reversed in default, in this case, you may want to reverse the axis order to meet the data order as show as below. Now this tutorial will tell you how to reverse the axis order quickly in Excel.
Reverse axis order in chart
Create a speedometer chart with two steps！
|Sometimes, you may want to use a speedometer chart to display the pricessing of a project, but in Excel, to create a speedometer chart needs many steps which is complex and wasting time. Here, the Speedometer chart tool in Kutools for Excel can help you create a standard speedometer chart by two simplesteps. Download this tool with free
30-day trial now.
Reverse axis order in chart
There is an option in Format Axis dialog for reversing the axis order.
1. Right click the y axis you want to reverse, and select Format Axis from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. Then in the popping Format Axis pane, under Axis Options tab, check Categories in a reverse order option, then check At maximum category option.
Tip: In bar chart, reserve the x axis with righting click the x axis and selecting the Format Axis from context menu, then checking the Values in reverse order.
Now the Y-axis has been reversed
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!