How to reverse axis order in Excel?
Sometimes, you may need to reverse axis order in a chart. For example, in a bar chart, compared with the data, the axis order is reversed in default, in this case, you may want to reverse the axis order to meet the data order as show as below. Now this tutorial will tell you how to reverse the axis order quickly in Excel.
Create a speedometer chart with two steps！
|Sometimes, you may want to use a speedometer chart to display the pricessing of a project, but in Excel, to create a speedometer chart needs many steps which is complex and wasting time. Here, the Speedometer chart tool in Kutools for Excel can help you create a standard speedometer chart by two simplesteps. Download this tool with free 30-day trial now.|
There is an option in Format Axis dialog for reversing the axis order.
1. Right click the y axis you want to reverse, and select Format Axis from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. Then in the popping Format Axis pane, under Axis Options tab, check Categories in a reverse order option, then check At maximum category option.
Tip: In bar chart, reserve the x axis with righting click the x axis and selecting the Format Axis from context menu, then checking the Values in reverse order.
Now the Y-axis has been reversed
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!