How to disable update links message when open a workbook?
In Excel, we may create some external links from other workbooks. In this case, when we open the workbook which contains some links each time, we will get the following screenshot warning. How could we disable this update links message when open this workbook?
With the Edit Links feature in Excel, we can set an option to suppress the "Update Links" message displayed any more.
1. Click Data > Edit Links, see screenshot:
2. In the Edit Links dialog box, click Startup Prompt button at the bottom, see screenshot:
3. And then in the popped out Startup Prompt dialog, you can choose Don’t display the alert and don’t update automatic links or Don’t display the alert and update links as you need.
4. Then click OK, and close the former dialog box, and when you open this workbook next time, the Update Links message will not appear any more.
You can also solve this problem by going to the Excel Options to check an option, please do as follows:
1. Please go to click File > Options (In Excel 2007, click Office button > Excel Options), in the Excel Options dialog box, click Advanced in the left pane, and then uncheck Ask to update automatic links under General section, see screenshot:
2. Then click OK to close this dialog, when you open this workbook next time, the links are automatically updated, and additionally, no message appears.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!