How to disable update links message when open a workbook?
In Excel, we may create some external links from other workbooks. In this case, when we open the workbook which contains some links each time, we will get the following screenshot warning. How could we disable this update links message when open this workbook?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
With the Edit Links feature in Excel, we can set an option to suppress the "Update Links" message displayed any more.
1. Click Data > Edit Links, see screenshot:
2. In the Edit Links dialog box, click Startup Prompt button at the bottom, see screenshot:
3. And then in the popped out Startup Prompt dialog, you can choose Don’t display the alert and don’t update automatic links or Don’t display the alert and update links as you need.
4. Then click OK, and close the former dialog box, and when you open this workbook next time, the Update Links message will not appear any more.
You can also solve this problem by going to the Excel Options to check an option, please do as follows:
1. Please go to click File > Options (In Excel 2007, click Office button > Excel Options), in the Excel Options dialog box, click Advanced in the left pane, and then uncheck Ask to update automatic links under General section, see screenshot:
2. Then click OK to close this dialog, when you open this workbook next time, the links are automatically updated, and additionally, no message appears.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoWhat if neither of these solutions work?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThat worked very well, thank you
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoUse vba
It works fine
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agobut are you sure that with this code VBA, the links will be update automatically even if the excel_workbook doesn't display the alerts ?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI am facing error after open excel "continue or edit link
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThanks alot
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoIt was helpful, thanks.