How to disable update links message when open a workbook?
In Excel, we may create some external links from other workbooks. In this case, when we open the workbook which contains some links each time, we will get the following screenshot warning. How could we disable this update links message when open this workbook?
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
With the Edit Links feature in Excel, we can set an option to suppress the "Update Links" message displayed any more.
1. Click Data > Edit Links, see screenshot:
2. In the Edit Links dialog box, click Startup Prompt button at the bottom, see screenshot:
3. And then in the popped out Startup Prompt dialog, you can choose Don’t display the alert and don’t update automatic links or Don’t display the alert and update links as you need.
4. Then click OK, and close the former dialog box, and when you open this workbook next time, the Update Links message will not appear any more.
You can also solve this problem by going to the Excel Options to check an option, please do as follows:
1. Please go to click File > Options (In Excel 2007, click Office button > Excel Options), in the Excel Options dialog box, click Advanced in the left pane, and then uncheck Ask to update automatic links under General section, see screenshot:
2. Then click OK to close this dialog, when you open this workbook next time, the links are automatically updated, and additionally, no message appears.
Recommended Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoThat worked very well, thank you
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThanks alot
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIt was helpful, thanks.