How to extract diagonal matrix in Excel?
Supposing you have the following data in your worksheet, and now you need to extract the diagonal matrix values from the data range as screenshot shown. Have ever tried to extract the values diagonally from the matrix in Excel?
Here is a simple formula can help you to get the values diagonally from the matrix range, please do as these:
1. In a blank cell next to your data, please enter this formula: =INDEX(A1:E1,,ROWS($1:1)), see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle over to the range until the error values are displayed. And your diagonal matrix values have been extracted from top left to down right as follows:
3. At last you can delete the error values as you need.
1. The arguments A1: E1 is the first row range that you want to extract diagonal cell values from, you can change it to your need.
2. This formula only can be applied to the range cells which have the same column number and row number, such as 5 column and 5 row.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!