How to add up/down bars to line chart in Excel?
A chart with up or down bars can obviously help you view the comparison of a company’s investment and earning in the same period. Now I will teach you to insert add up and down bars into a chart in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Only in 2-D line chart can add up and down bars.
1. Click the line chart to show the Chart Tools group in the Ribbon. See screenshot:
2. Click Layout tab, and click Up/Down Bars > Up/Down Bars. See screenshot:
Note: In Excel 2013, you need to click the Add Chart Element > Up/Down Bars > Up/Down Bars under the Design tab. Now the up and down bars are inserted in the line chart.
You can format the bars as you need by doing as follow step:
Right click the down or up bars and select Format Down Bars/ Format Up Bars;
In the popped out dialog, check Solid fill Option in Fill section and select a color you like in the list, and check No line in the Border Color section. See screenshots:
Note: You will see the Fill options and Border options in the added Format Down Bars pane in Excel 2013.
Now you can see the finished line chart as show as below: