How to hide/show pivot table field list in Excel?
When you insert a pivot table, there will be a PivotTable Field List popping out in the right section of the worksheet. Sometimes this PivotTable Field List may hide the data in the right of worksheet. Now I will tell you how to hide the PivotTable Field List in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To hide the PivotTable Field List just needs one step.
Right click at any cell of the pivot table, and select Hide Field List option from the context menu.
If you want to show the Field List again, right click at the pivot table, and select Show Field List.
If you are interested in VBA, you can hide or show the PivotTable Field List do as follow:
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and copy below code into the window.
VBA: Hide Field List.
Sub HideFieldList() ActiveWorkbook.ShowPivotTableFieldList = False End Sub
3. Click Run button or F5, then the PivotTable Field List is hidden.
Tip: For showing the Field List with VBA, you can use follow code:
VBA: Show PivotTable Field List.
Sub ShowFieldList() ActiveWorkbook.ShowPivotTableFieldList = True End Sub