How to convert hex number to decimal number in Excel?
Convert hex to decimal
To convert hex number to decimal number is very easy in Excel. You just need a formula.
Select a blank cell next to the hex number column, and type this formula =HEX2DEC(A2) (A2 indicates the cell you need to convert) into it, press Enter key, then drag its AutoFill handle to fill the range you need. See screenshot:
Convert decimal to hex
If you want to convert decimal number to hex number back in Excel, you also can use a formula.
Select a blank cell next to the decimal number column, and type this formula =DEC2HEX(A2) (A2 indicates the cell you need to convert) into it, press Enter key, then drag its AutoFill handle to fill the range you need. See screenshot:
Convert between decimal and hex with Kutools for Excel
If you do not like to use formula, you can try to use Kutools for Excel's Unit Conversion tool which can help you convert between multiple units without formulas.
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the data you want to convert, and click Kutools > Content > Unit Conversion. See screenshot:
2. In the Unit Conversion dialog, select Hex form the Unit dropdown list, and then select the unit you wnat to convert betweeen from the two lists, you can preview the result from the Preview pane. See screenshot:
3. click Ok, then the data has been converted.
With Kutools for Excel's Unit Conversion function, you can convert between various units.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!