How to insert function in Excel?
Sometimes, you do not want to type formula manually in Excel. Actually, you can use Insert Function feature to quickly calculate in Excel. Please read this tutorial for details.
Here I will take sum up for instance.
1. Select a blank cell you want to output the result, and click Formulas > Insert Function. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert Function dialog, specify a function category in the Or select a category box, and select a function from the Select a function list. In our example, we select the Sum function. See screenshot:
3. Click OK to go on next step. In the Function Arguments dialog, select the number or number range into the Number1 text box (You can type number into it manually), if you have multiple number ranges, you can go on to select them in Number2, Number3 text boxes one by one. See screenshot:
4. If you do not need the result to be output, you can view the result in the Function Argument dialog, then click Cancel to close the dialog. If you need, you can click OK to put out the result to the cell. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!