How to sort field list in pivot table?
When we create a pivot table in Excel, the fields in the Field List are sorted in the same order with the source data by default as below screenshot shown. In fact, we can also sort the fields alphabetically to find the specific fields easily and quickly. To know more details, please read this article.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To change the fields order from source data order to alphabetical order, you just need to do the following operations:
1. Right click any cell in the pivot table, and choose PivotTable Options from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. In the PivotTable Options dialog box, click Display tab, and check Sort A to Z from the Field List section, see screenshot:
3. Then click OK to close this dialog, and now, the fields in the PivotTable Field List have been sorted alphabetically.
Tip: If you have Excel 2013, there is an easy tool for you to sort the fields just in the PivotTable Field pane. Click one cell in the pivot table to display the PivotTable Field pane, and then click the Tools arrow at the top right of the PivotTable Fields Pane, then click Sort A to Z option from the popped list, see screenshot:
Note: If you want to return the field list to its original order, select Sort in Data Source Order option.