How to sort field list in pivot table?
When we create a pivot table in Excel, the fields in the Field List are sorted in the same order with the source data by default as below screenshot shown. In fact, we can also sort the fields alphabetically to find the specific fields easily and quickly. To know more details, please read this article.
To change the fields order from source data order to alphabetical order, you just need to do the following operations:
1. Right click any cell in the pivot table, and choose PivotTable Options from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. In the PivotTable Options dialog box, click Display tab, and check Sort A to Z from the Field List section, see screenshot:
3. Then click OK to close this dialog, and now, the fields in the PivotTable Field List have been sorted alphabetically.
Tip: If you have Excel 2013, there is an easy tool for you to sort the fields just in the PivotTable Field pane. Click one cell in the pivot table to display the PivotTable Field pane, and then click the Tools arrow at the top right of the PivotTable Fields Pane, then click Sort A to Z option from the popped list, see screenshot:
Note: If you want to return the field list to its original order, select Sort in Data Source Order option.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!