How to disable start screen in Excel 2013?
When we launch a new Excel 2013, you will see collection of templates appeared as following screenshot shown:
At first time, we may be interesting to see those templates, but most of us may choose to click the blank workbook to enter the Excel directly. To save our time, we want a blank workbook to open automatically instead of having to click on the blank template when we launch new Excel. In fact, there is a function for us to disable the start screen in Excel 2013.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To turn off this start screen in Excel 2013, and get right to the blank workbook just as Excel 2007 / 2010, please do as follows:
1. Open the Excel 2013 and go to the Excel window.
2. Then click File > Options, in the Excel Options dialog box, click General in the left pane, scroll down to Start up options section, and remove the check mark from Show the Start screen when this application starts. See screenshot:
3. And then click OK button to close this Excel Options dialog, and when you launch the Excel 2013 next time, this start screen will not display, you'll go straight to the edit screen.