How to format data table numbers in chart in Excel?
With a table in the chart will be convenient to analyze the data, but have you ever wanted to format the numbers of the chart table? But there is no a direct way to format the data table numbers in chart, now I will introduce a compromise way for you to format the data table numbers in chart in Excel.
For example, you have a chart with a data table as shown as below:
Now you want to format the data table numbers as 46,733.00 formatting, you cannot format the number directly, but you can go to format the original data, then the table data numbers in chart will be changed too.
1. Select the original data you want to format, and right click to select Format Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog, click Number > Number, and then in the right section, specify 2 in the Decimal places text box, and check Use 1000 separator option.
3. Click OK to close the dialog, then the original data and the data table numbers in the chart are changed at the same time.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!