How to copy and paste without borders in Excel?
When we copy a range of data and paste it to another range, the whole formatting including the borders will be pasted as well. But, sometimes, we just want to copy the data formatting without the borders. Do you have any ideas to solve this task?
Actually, Excel provides a function for our users to paste all cell formatting except the borders. Please do as this:
1. Copy your data that you need, and select one cell that you want to put the data.
2. Right click the selected cell, and the choose Paste Special > Paste Special, see screenshot:
3. In the Paste Special dialog box, check All except borders option, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK to close the dialog, and your selected data range has been pasted with all formatting but excluding the borders. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!