How to replace non empty cells with specific value in Excel?
In Excel, we can quickly and easily replace or fill a selection with a specific value by pressing Ctrl + Enter keys, but, do you know how to replace just non empty cells with a certain value in your selected range which contains both blank cells and value cells.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, the Find and Replace feature can help us to find all the nonblank cells and then replace them with a specified value as you like.
1. Select the data range that you want to replace only the value cells.
2. And then press Ctrl + H to open the Find and Replace dialog box, in the Find and Replace dialog, under Replace tab, type * in the Find what field, and enter the value you need in Replace with text box, see screenshot:
3. Then click Replace All button, and a dialog popped out to tell you the number of cells to be replaced, close the dialogs, then all the values in the selected range have been replaced with your specified data, see screenshots:
By using the following VBA code, you can also replace all the data cells to your needed values at once. Please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Replace non empty cells with specific value
Sub ReplaceNumbers() 'Update 20141111 Dim SRg As Range Dim Rg As Range Dim Str As Variant On Error Resume Next Set SRg = Application.Selection Set SRg = Application.InputBox("select range:", "Kutools for Excel", SRg.Address, , , , , 8) If Err <> 0 Then Exit Sub Str = Application.InputBox("replace with:", "Kutools for Excel", Str) If Str = False Then Exit Sub For Each Rg In SRg If Rg <> "" Then Rg = Str Next End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and a prompt box will pop out to remind you select a range which you want to replace the data, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK, and enter your specific value into next prompt box, see screenshot:
5. And then click OK, all the values in your selected range have been replaced with the certain data at once.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoSo, I have this report I imported from my payroll system, but it contains a lot of information I do not need, on some fields and other that I want to keep on the next cells, so I'm looking for a way to replace for example all of the addresses with blank cells. I cannot delete the whole row because I have the dept number on the same row on the left. Can somebody help me?