How to replace non empty cells with specific value in Excel?
In Excel, we can quickly and easily replace or fill a selection with a specific value by pressing Ctrl + Enter keys, but, do you know how to replace just non empty cells with a certain value in your selected range which contains both blank cells and value cells.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
In Excel, the Find and Replace feature can help us to find all the nonblank cells and then replace them with a specified value as you like.
1. Select the data range that you want to replace only the value cells.
2. And then press Ctrl + H to open the Find and Replace dialog box, in the Find and Replace dialog, under Replace tab, type * in the Find what field, and enter the value you need in Replace with text box, see screenshot:
3. Then click Replace All button, and a dialog popped out to tell you the number of cells to be replaced, close the dialogs, then all the values in the selected range have been replaced with your specified data, see screenshots:
By using the following VBA code, you can also replace all the data cells to your needed values at once. Please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Replace non empty cells with specific value
Sub ReplaceNumbers() 'Update 20141111 Dim SRg As Range Dim Rg As Range Dim Str As Variant On Error Resume Next Set SRg = Application.Selection Set SRg = Application.InputBox("select range:", "Kutools for Excel", SRg.Address, , , , , 8) If Err <> 0 Then Exit Sub Str = Application.InputBox("replace with:", "Kutools for Excel", Str) If Str = False Then Exit Sub For Each Rg In SRg If Rg <> "" Then Rg = Str Next End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and a prompt box will pop out to remind you select a range which you want to replace the data, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK, and enter your specific value into next prompt box, see screenshot:
5. And then click OK, all the values in your selected range have been replaced with the certain data at once.
Recommended Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoSo, I have this report I imported from my payroll system, but it contains a lot of information I do not need, on some fields and other that I want to keep on the next cells, so I'm looking for a way to replace for example all of the addresses with blank cells. I cannot delete the whole row because I have the dept number on the same row on the left. Can somebody help me?