think it has something to do with line 7;; ".xls", FileFormat:=xlNormal;
Also how can I modify to take the value from 3 different cells concatenated?
for instance: first name , last name , date; in line 6 of the code?
When you use a workbook, have you ever thought to save the Excel file based on a cell content? For example, you have “Sale price” in cell A1, and you would like to save the workbook as the name Sale price. Of course, you can type the name into the Save As dialog, and then save it. But this will be an inefficient method in your amount of work. Today, I will talk about a quick trick to solve it.
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately. 60-day Unlimited Free Trial
The following VBA code may help you to save your workbook with a specified cell value, please do as follows:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Save Excel file with specific cell value
Private Sub filename_cellvalue() 'Update 20141112 Dim Path As String Dim filename As String Path = "C:\Users\dt\Desktop\my information\" filename = Range("A1") ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs filename:=Path & filename & ".xls", FileFormat:=xlNormal End Sub
3. And then press F5 key to execute the code, and your workbook has been named as the cell content of cell A1. See screenshot:
1. You can specify any cell value as the file name by just modifying the A1 to other cell reference in the above code.
2. Your active workbook will be saved into the folder of C:\Users\dt\Desktop\my information\ (the last slash must be remained when you paste your location to instead of it) location, you can change the path to your need.