How to calculate days left in month or year in Excel?
For certain case, you may want to know the number of remaining days in a month or a year. Supposing, the date of today is 2014/10/12, and you want to calculate the days left in this month (October) or this year (2014), that is to say, there is remaining 19 days of this month and 80 days of this year. Please know more details from the below article.
To count remaining days in this month, you can apply the following formula.
1. Enter this formula: =EOMONTH(A2,0)-A2, (A2 is the date cell that you want to count the days left in this month), see screenshot:
2. Then press Enter key and you will get a date format, so you need to change the date format to general, please select the cell, and right click to choose Format Cells, in the Format Cells dialog box, click General from the left Category pane under Number tab, see screenshot:
3. And then click OK to close the dialog, and you will get the number of remaining days in this month which excluding the day of your specific date.
Note: If you need to calculate only workdays (from Monday to Friday) left in a month, you can use this formula: =NETWORKDAYS(A2,EOMONTH(A2,0)), and then press Enter key, the remaining days which including your specified date of this month will be calculated, see screenshots:
If you want to know how many days left in a year of a specific date, the following formula may do you a favor. Please type this formula =DATE(YEAR(A2),12,31)-A2 into a blank cell, and then press Enter key to get the remaining days of this year, see screenshots:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!